Sunday, January 8, 2012

Callin' It

The end of 2011 - and the best year yet.
We still have one more Christmas to do, but my January happenings are piling up in my "to blog" pile so we need to close this one out.  (This is as close to a "Form Letter"  I think I would get to for a Christmas card, {I'd rather say it in pictures!} so be warned:  there is some bragging on my kiddos that follows.  Oh, and I teared up several times while writing this!)  It was a great year!
My baby started preschool and my Gracie started her last year of preschool.  I think I've said this here before, but it sums up our year so well.  I always wanted to be a mom.  To have babies.  For reasons unbeknownst to me, God answered my prayers...and then some.  I had wonderful babies, and found myself wondering what on Earth I'd do when they weren't babies anymore!  Life must be so boring when they can walk and talk and feed and dress themselves.  OH NO!  They just continue to learn more fun stuff.  Their vocabularies are AMAZING.  Grace is learning to read and is an awesome crafter and Cooper is so coordinated in all things sports, it's awesome!  He also has already learned the basics of chess!!  They love each other and hate each other all at the same time.  They are competitive to the point of entertainment for us.  :)   Every day just gets better.  I love (and hate) that they are less dependant on us for things.  They will disappear for up to an hour just playing together.  Our first family trip was a success this year and I'm so excited about traveling farther and farther from home with them.  They both love school, and while I'm PANICKED already about Kindergarten starting in the fall, I know she will love it and is beyond ready for it.  I will love every minute I get to spend with Cooper while she is away and I'm sure neither of us will know what to do with ourselves for quite a while. 
God continues to bless us ridiculously.  Tim has a great job that he loves.  I started a job this year at church and so far I love it as well.  (Gonna ease my way back into the working world, I think...)  We have the two happiest, healthiest kids ever, a wonderful home, and amazing family and friends. 
Seriously.  Best.  Year.  Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment