Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Siblings

18 months is pretty close in age.  At the time, it seemed like a good idea.  (We weren't getting any younger!)  However, that first year with two was HARD.  Then things got easier (or just different).  I've loved watching them play so well together.  (Next year will be hard to have them apart so much!)  And now we've hit a new stage: Rivalry.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  It is ridiculous.  EVERYTHING has to be fair.  We're doing the best we can (Because everything does not have to be fair). Some days are better than others.  Heck, some hours are better than others.   I'm sure it is a stage that is here to stay for quite a while.  But what can you do when you are together for EVERYTHING?  Seems like it would make a great first line in a novel.... "We were the best of friends.  We were the worst of friends...."  (haha.... cracking myself up....)

Anyway.... another awesome show at Honeywells.  Jack and the Bean Stalk this time.  And, going to volleyball with Dad.  Both of these events had both "the best of times, and the worst of times"!!  I love them "anyways!" 




1 comment:

  1. Gavin and Mason are 22 months apart and they were the BEST of friends until Gavin started 2nd grade :( Now they are SUPER competitive!! Somedays I feel like all I do is remind them that God gave them each other to be friends, not just brothers. They will always have each other no matter where we move or where we are. What a loving God that He would give them such a gift! Although, somedays I wonder what kind of gift it was to me!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete