Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Past (2010)

This post is a mess - I admit it.  But it is too hard to reorder pictures once posted, so I apologise, but it will just have to do.  I think it appropriately captures the season, though.  Read on.... As I was trying to plan Christmas Jammies for this year, I went back to last year's blog to see what the kids wore on Christmas morning.... I couldn't find any Christmas posts!!!  What the?!  Well, as I now recall, I was in a serious funk  last year at Christmas time.  (As is evidenced by the fact that any December updates were done in February!)  Unfortunately, I missed blogging about our Christmas morning, and it also affected Tim as well, as I don't think he even wrote in our Christmas journal.  This makes me sad for last year's Christmas, but I'm so thankful we are not repeating the past this year.  So, as I use this as our family journal, I don't want to miss the good parts of last year.  So here is a brief recap of last year's Christmas - what I can remember. 
The kids got a fishing game that they challenged Grandma and Grandpa to.  :)



Our first Christmas at The Farm with Cousin Nick.


Naptimes were still big last year and it was a HOOT to find where he would give in and sleep!

There was a lot of baking.... Cooper helping with the recipe.



Grace's main request was a stuffed Santa.  I FINALLY found them the week before Christmas!



We gave the kids a camera.  We have LOTS of fun pictures of the ceiling, couch, feet, curtains, etc.  So fun to see what they see!

More nap time fun.  :)
The last two winters have been hard on me for some reason, so I decided to be proactive this year.  November was the new January for me and I hit the Y with a vengeance and started watching what I was eating.  (There was some incentive from my children who were constantly taking pictures of me from their eye level that made me look very pregnant, as well.)  And, I'm happy to report, it has worked!  I exercise 4 times a week, have cut back on carbs if I can, and allow one sweet thing a day.  I'm going to "splurge" today and tomorrow, but then I'm back at it.  This season has been so fun with the kids and we're looking forward to seeing family.
Updates of this year to come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment