Monday, October 3, 2011

Pool Closed

After 10 years of pool ownership you would think we would have it all figured out.  And for the most part, we do.  But when we heard a guy say, "I don't close mine until November - it saves on chemicals."  we thought, "Why not?  Sounds good."  Yeah - not so much.  I'm guessing his pool is not sitting next to a wooded lot.  So, on October 2, we finally got the pool closed.  The kids helped watch for "the pink stuff" and were able to just play all over the yard while we worked.  (I still remember having the neighbor girl down to play with Grace while we worked - how nice it is that they are growing up! - Not long now till they will do it for us, right?!)  They are good at picking up sticks and putting them in the fire pit.  Also, Grace almost fell in while watching, but my mommy reflexes finally worked and I caught her!  She has a small scratch on her side but was mostly just scared!  It was a beautiful day except for the leaves that had to be repeatedly skimmed out throughout the whole process.  It was a very productive day, but lesson learned. 





1 comment:

  1. Its great to catch up on all of your happenning! Loved the pics of Monica's visit!! We love her too! She talks about you guys all then time!

    I was wondering if you guys have seen this cool website. I thought of you when I found it. I am curious to know of your great web finds. I love to hear about the crafts you guys do! Feel free to post as many inspirations as you can manage because I need all the ideas I can get!!
    Le met know if you've seen this before:
    http://www.kidsastronomy.com/solar_system.htm

    ReplyDelete